Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The final soup

For the final day of Eat More Soup Month, I ended up at Mimi's Cafe for some Vegetarian Vegetable. It was one of the prettiest little setups and you get a bread basket at the table... very nice.

The soup comes loaded with vegetables-- more vegetables than Jason's and a different variety. There was corn, potatoes and pieces of tomato in this soup-- which was all very nice-- but I missed the barley and that subtle celery flavor. So Jason's Deli Vegetarian Vegetable remains my find of the month.

So it's been a great month. I ate a lot more restaurant soup than I expected. That relates to my biggest "aha"-- that eating out can be very cheap but still filling-- and lots of fun-- if you focus on the soup.

I'm not sure what comes next, but I think I may take a few days off from soup. Maybe. I'll be interested to see how soon I crave it again.

Thanks to everyone who followed along. I'm thinking this blog may morph into something else, but I haven't figured out what yet. But for now, for soup, that's the end of the last one.

2 comments: