Sunday, November 7, 2010

Looking for my lost shaker of salt...



We went to Mellow Mushroom to celebrate my mother's birthday. I had the Chicken Tortilla soup. Those are margaritas in the background-- because my mother's name is Margaret. No, not really. I mean her name is really Margaret, but we got them just because we like them.

The first soup they gave me was room temperature, but they brought me a hot one soon enough. The soup was great-- spicy and cheesy with just a hint of lime. Sour cream and avocado were a nice touch. The tortillas were lime flavored-- they were a bit much. The margaritas were the perfect cold foil to the spicy soup.

I'd give it 5 out of 4 spoons for comfort and love. I'm not sure about nutrition. I'll have to revisit this after the margaritas wear off. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

My father paid $3.50 for this bowl of soup-- a very good deal! Sorry for the lousy picture. I forgot my camera and had to use my phone. I'm SUCH a pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment